The choice of fire alarm system depends on the building structure, the purpose and use of the building and current legislation.
FIRE ALARM SYSTEMS
All Fire Alarm Systems essentially operate on the same principle. If a detector detects smoke or heat or someone operates a break glass unit (manual break point), then alarm sounders operate to warn others in the building that there may be a fire and to evacuate. It may also incorporate remote signalling equipment which would alert the fire brigade via a monitoring station.
Fire Alarm Systems can be broken down into four categories:
CONVENTIONAL FIRE ALARMS
- Divides your premises into broad zones
- In the event of an aler, the fire alarm panel identifies the zone but not the precise location
- most suitable for lower risk environments
Addressable fire alarms
- Each individual device has its own unique electronic address
- If a device activates the fire alarm panel tells you exactly where the problem is
- most suitable for larger, higher risk environments e.g schools, care homes, hospitals
Wireless fire alarms
- Uses a secure wireless link between the sensors and the fire panel
- typically works like an addressable system just without the wires
- most suitable for premises that don't want lots of cables e.g churches, historic or listed buildings
Analogue addressable fire alarms
- Often known as intelligent fire alarm systems
- Suited to larger premises with more complex system requirements
- Can give advance warning of developing hazards as the Fire Control Panel carries out constant checks of its detectors, call points and sounders
Take advantage of our Free, No Obligation, Site Survey.
Our skilled Engineers will visit your site, assess your requirements and discuss the best solution for you and your premises.
MAINTENANCE & MONITORING PACKAGES
We want to make sure that every completed installation will continue to serve and protect our customers.
Our engineers will discuss maintenance packages with you during our initial free site survey. Our CCTV, Fire & Intruder systems can be maintained for as little as £50 per year which will include 2 routine Preventative Maintenance Inspections to ensure the system is running correctly.
We also offer 24/7 commercial monitoring packages for our Fire & Intruder Systems. Prices start at £356 for the year; just £1 per day.